Straight cut primary gears for a Sachs

Started by john durrill, June 02, 2003, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Gavin,
 The enginer was the head of MZ enginering department.
 MZ built some very good and tough bikes.
 Martijn is supplying a gear set to use as a model. Ing. Muller has already built gear sets for Martijn and they have been tested road racing. I think we should be safe on that count. who ever Ing Muller uses to produce the gear sets knows how to make motorcycle primary gears that are strong enough.
 on the shift keys. you could try Martijn and see if he can supply them.  He should have a source. He Road Races 1 , 125 Sachs engine bike that he has converted to liquid cooling and rotory valve. He also builds 50 cc RR bikes and sells them . designs and builds  his own frames.
 we could try the Hammers in Germany. they sell parts for the 125 military engine and the key is the same for the ones built from about 71 up.
 is Al B selling reproduction Shift Keys?
 I didnt Know that.
 We should know something shortly on when to send money. i think we send some  when they start the design work and the balance when the gear sets are done. will keep every one updated as soon as i know. Martijn is in contact with Mr Muller every week or so.
John D.

Edited by - john durrill on 07/17/2003  11:45:03 PM

Gavin Housh

John, thanks for the speedy reply. Everything sounds good. Somebody was talking about changing gear ratios. That's not going to happen is it? Thanks. Gavin

john durrill

Here is the latest on the gear sets,
 Its a note from Leo.

Hello John ,

I just phoned with Ing. Mueller.
10 units would be ok. He had no idea how to manage the payment. Money
order
is very expensive and paypal, cc and other things are unusual for
people
that are not involved in business.

Best would be:
Martijn has the original that Ing. Mueller needs to have. He also needs
a
Sachs 125 motor.
Mueller will contact Martijn to get the parts (they will meet in
Belgium/Spa
raceway in August).
Martijn will have 50% of the order so he has to pay 50%.
If Martijn makes the business with you, he could pay your part also.

Leo.

Guys,
We may just be able to do a western union money order or do it through Pay Pal . will check with Martijn and see how he could best recieve it.
 On the change in gear ratios ,No we are contracting for a Gear Set like the Sachs factory made for special race bikes
Will double check on the ratio and make sure.
John & Peter

swamp fox

John,
Sounds like it's progressing. I'll keep an eye on the message board for any updates as usual.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Gavin Housh

john durrill

Gavin.
 we recieved an e-mail from Martjin yesterday.
 Ing. Muller has a set of straight cut gears now . He should be able to send the design to the factory soon.
John D.

john durrill

Gavin, Robert
Looks like the gears are in production as of now. we may need to send some monies to Ing. Muller.  I suggested half now and the rest when he is ready to ship the gears. we need to get things ready to do this.
 There are 5 of us In the POG group that placed a request for the gears. could all of you reply to this post and let me know how you would like to do the mony transfer. I think we can send Martijn the mony and he can get it to Mr Muller with thee least expense incured.
 John D.

swamp fox

Hi John,
However you want or suggest. If it's easier to send it to you, and then you forward it on to Ing. Muller, just say the word. I'm flexible anyway you and the rest decide to go.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

Richard

John, how ever you think is best is fine with me.  I could send you a check, money order or send payment directly to Germany.  Just let me know  how much, when and to whom!

Richard Beck

john durrill

We just recievd a note from Martijn,
 he will send the monies to Mr Muller if we Pay Pal him.
 1/2 now would be fine as a security Payment for Mr Muller.
 You can Pay Pal me monies at [email protected]
Or send a check to
John Durrill
Rt 12 Box 152
Lake City Florida, 32025
 the orignal estamate on price was 250 euro
dont know what the difference is now between the euro and the US dollar.
 $150 should be half, maybe a little more, with what ever shipping charges we might incure.
 Let me know if you are sending a check so i know to look for it in the mail.
e-mail me with any questions at [email protected]
Thanks guys for making this happen.
John & Peter

swamp fox

Hi John,
Just sent you a Paypal for a partial on the gear set.(10/15/03 @12:25pm) I've also got a set of swing arm bushings coming from Al that your buddy David had made up. Slowly but surely this mid-life crisis is starting to come together!:D

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

Richard

payment sent, John.

best regards, Richard

john durrill

Gavin , Are you still in for a set of the straight cuts?
 Richard did you send it by mail in a check or by Pay Pal?
 We can use my Pay Pal account to transfer it to Martijn in the Netherlands . We will have a recoard that way of how much and when an for what.
 Gavin please let me know. I will try e-mailing you as you may not have checked the board in a while. i know its several days sometimes before i can check it.
John & Peter D.

john durrill

Folks i look forward to the new gears,
 I'm told that they add 1.2 HP to a B engine.
 the great thing is , its a mod that is free HP. there is no down side except a slight increase in engine noise. the crank and lay shaft should have less drag ( side load ) at all speeds and that should make the bikes produce more power in a smooth curve from idle up to max RPM.
 It's like fixing a rear brake lever that was stuck and had the brakes draging slightly all the time.
John D.

Richard

John, I sent the payment via paypal.  Check your account, if it's not there please let me know.

Best regards,

Richard Beck