Straight cut primary gears for a Sachs

Started by john durrill, June 02, 2003, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Got It Richard.
  Must have missed the notification on my e-mail.
 One more POGer to go and will send the monies to Martijn.
Would like to send a note to Ing. Muller (Martijn will translate it for me into German). We should know a lot more after he recieves the note on specifics.

swamp fox

John,
Just checking to see if you got my payment via paypal. Hope I'm not who you're waiting for.;)

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

john durrill

nope we have yours Robert no problem.

john durrill

Latest update folks,
 the monies arived in the Netherlands ok and will be headed to Ing. Muller. Below is the last note from Martijn.

Hello,

Sorry for my slow response.
I catched a cold ,so was out of business for some days.

I found a PayPal message saying 750 dollars arrived.

I will tell Mr. Müller this tomorrow.

The ratio will be as the original,or as close as posseable.
The whole thing will run on caged needle bearings.

Best regards,

Martijn Stehouwer

John D.

Gavin Housh

John, happy holidays. Any word from our friends over sea? I am hoping to have my bike ready in march. I  tryed to get ahold of Jake Fisher about those keys but all I could get was a fax machine on the other end. The other number went to his house I guess. I got someone on that line who told me to try the other number, which is connected to a fax machine? Gavin

john durrill

Gavin i got an e-mail from Martijn on monday. he was at Ing. Mullers house and the gear sets came up. it looks like very soon on the delivery, no problems with production so far and they are near the end of production run.
 will check again Jan 1 and see whats up. we had some surgery done last week so i will be siting at home for a month or so . will be able to follow up better than last month on the gears.
John D.

Gavin Housh

John, sorry to here you had to go under the knife. I hate those frigin doctors, but I guess they have prolonged my life on two seperate occasions. Not to mention the knee fix twenty seven years ago, and I still walk, run, bicycle, work, and ride motorcycles. I hope your neck problem (it was the neck wasn't it?) heals quickly and lets you put that old helmet on soon. Thanks for the update on the gears. Sounds like everything is moving along. Happy holidays. Gavin

dirtbike

I know I'm a bit late in the discussion. I'm the one that installed the needle bearing and wrote about it! The main reason for doing it was that I had some play on the bushing and the hole didn't seem to be centered so I got cold feets and suspected possible cage wobble which could mess up the primary gear wheels! I figured I couldn't go out and buy the bushing for a couple of dollars but the needle bearing is easy to look up!

The conversion to straight cut wheels is better. That's just the way it is! A gain in HP and less side forces all the way from the crank to the shaft. I know that not everybody likes it but with straight cut wheels, one can go for another type of crank bearings too.
Of course It's not the designers intention to do so but neither is straight cut wheels. I don't care though :D  

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
It's snowing heavily here at this time, huuuuh!

john durrill

Latest update on the gears.
 this was sent the 28th.

Hello,

Has been some time ago we mailed.
just received the news th gears will be
ready in 4 weeks.
It took a long time,this time.
But I hope it will be worth the waiting to you.

Best regards,

Martijn Stehouwer
EMOTracing

We are waiting on an answer on how much for shipping and how the gears will be shipped. will post the answer as soon as we get it.
John D.

imported_n/a

swamp fox

Ditto John,
I'll keep an eye on the board

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

Richard

john durrill

Folks,
 the gears should be shipping with in two weeks. the cost to ship 15 kg's (33.075 lbs) is 80 dollars euro. we just weighed a set of the stock primary gears and they weigh in at 1 and 1/2 lbs.
converstion for kg's to lbs is 2.02 lbs per kg.
 looks like the gears should weigh in at less than 4 kg's (dont know how much the packing and box will weigh).
 will keep you updated on when they are ready to ship.
John D.

imported_n/a

swamp fox

Ditto,
Thanks John. Now I have a Six Day that I can test them out on!!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S