10:45 PM EDT tonight..............................

Started by rob w, December 22, 2003, 06:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Hey, well, it turned out to be some fun, I'm glad you came in and joined my expieriment, I doubt if I would have had a chance to get to know this much about you any other way, thanks, if you ever have any problems with shipping something from here to there, let me know, they can send it here and I will ship it to you. I've packaged up a complete Penton and shipped it UPS in 4 over-size packages. Good talking with you David, good-night now. Have a great day.:D

Rain Man

Hi Thomas, hard at work on the 3rd shift ?? I've been a cnc machine tool technician for 22 years,on the 3rd shift.  I got 3 pentons,all in a bucket and 1 dkw 125 Sachs, in a bucket.  the 2 jackpiners I have I owned back in 73-80.  road them all over the North East. They we're pretty well used up when I sold them. I just recently bought them back.  Im sending out one Jackpiner and one Sachs for over haulover the vacation here. talk soon R:):)
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tmc3c

Hey Raymond, I have been on a 4 shiftsch. for 10 yrs. I work 3/ 6hr days and then either off 2 days or work 2/12hr days and then it flips the next week with me working Thurs/Fri or Sat/Sun. I am a Laminate  extrusion operator for Cryovac.I am in a total rebuild on a 1976 250gs with a 1974 mc5 250cc motor.I hope to be riding this winter.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Wrecker

tmc3c, that shift schedule reminded me of a 12 hour shift that I used to work. It was 2 days on, 2 off, 3 days on. Every other weekend was a  "no work" 3 day weekend. This shift worked out good for rally weekends. We would also flip back to days every 3 months. 2 shifts, 24 hours of similar work in plastic extrusion.
Anyway, my 74 250 is on the bench. The engine is in process of a rebuild. The bike its self has been sitting for 12 years. This site got me motivated.

Rain Man

Hey Thomas,  that shift sounds harder than mine for sleeping purposes.  I go in @ 11:30 pm, get out @ 7:00am mon-fri.  Its gravy for me.  I can use all the tools and machinery any time I need to  work if I want, goof off all I want.  Fixing and trouble shooting CNC's is really interesting, so most of the time I "do something".  Now if I could only figure out how to spend most of the time machining Penton parts up.:) I just started in on my 2 Jackpiners today, 21 years of neglect and living with... ahh Sheep!!  Other than the rust and corrosion all ove everything,  I think I'm gonna make it a rat bike!! I dunno, I rebuilt one of them back in 1979, but.. its a mess. I guess age, crashes, and plain ole "I miss touching the ground"will keep me motivated.  People could never understand how a guy can ride through the worse of terrrain, over rocks and roota @ warp speed,  only to fall over every time I go to start my late model Katoom or come to a halt,  short legs kinda ..., damm Im gonna miss disk brakes!!  R[8D]
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

G Ellis

Rob W      I am 3hrs south of chicago. There is a place about 1hr from my house. It has about 300 acres to ride. Do you know of any 175 76,77 penton's for sale that needs some work for a fair price. I have three 175 motors, that I have just rebuilt. Had a 76 175 when i raced the national enduro circuit.

rob w

Gary, I don't have anything like that, is this bike going to end up as a full-on enduro mount or could it be a MC5.
I would love to hear your stories about racing and following the big-ones.
I've heard of that place to ride you're talking about, is it worth it?
There will be two ahrma cross country natl. races at Casey this year, that's near you I bet. See ya, Bob

Rocket

G Ellis
I live on the oposite side of the state from you, about 20 miles from Iowa.  I have a 77 GS6 175 that I restored.  If you ever get over my way, stop in.
Rocket
Lyndon, IL

LynnCamp

I am 1 hour southwest of Chicago in Yorkville (just East of the Casey track).  There are two places with a mix of tight woods, old quarry hills and dales and motocross track.  They are both just outside of Morris, Il off of I80, about 1 1/2 SW of Chicago ... Buffalo Ridge is motorcycles only and Fox Valley is all ORV.  Most folks around here will head for trails in Michigan or Wisconsin-- about 4 and 5 hours away.  Gary, I would be interested in knowing where that 300 acre place is or Rocket... if you know of some trails that are within my range if I head towards Iowa.

Well enough of wishing I was out on the trails.  I have had 3 cups of coffee and need to go help Santa finish putting goodies under the tree.

G Ellis

Rob and Lynn the riding place is called lincoln trails park. It is close to casey, a little south east of there. South of marshall IL. I am planning to race at casey this year. Casey is only 45 miles from where i live. I would like to have GS enduro model, I am planning to ride some cross-country races this year. Would like to ride the isdt reuion ride this year. I use to go to the two day trails , and would like to talk to some old friends. Didn't get my old GS6 finished in time to go this year, really hated that.