HOW MANY

Started by Rain Man, March 01, 2004, 06:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Karl & Glenn,
I sold my two NOS engines this past year.  I remember the HIRO's well, but Pat Mickevicius has one (complete bike) with no spare parts.  He still has one with no spare parts, but he has a spare engine.
Lynn,
Sometime when the Forum is slow lets hit the Hiro subject.  I had experience with the bike, but I feel Dane is the real authority and Pat has the complete bike.  You can also go to the Photo Section(that Karen takes care of[:o)]) and see Pat's bike from last Mid-Ohio.  Got to go play pushie shovie and get the bikes put up for the night.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

DKWRACER

.. It does not matter if you have 1 10 or 20, it all began with the first.... if it is sitting in a heap in your shed and its a Penton, then it deserves... it knows nothing, our friendships evolve....how does this happen? Retreat to the garage....and Enjoy!!!!!
Thomas Brosius

desmond197

I currently have 4 Pentons
72 125 Six Day Enduro
73 125 Six Day MX
74 125 Six Day Enduro
74-? 125 Woodsman (Modified Wassel Trials)
 I have about 85 other vintage dirt bikes with Bultaco leading the pack as far as numbers go.

Keithuu

Holy Cow!![:0] 89 bikes - whether in pieces or not really redefines sickness. People are usually amazed when I state that I've owned a total of 65 or so of the beauties (some street, mostly dirt), but to actually possess that many at one time defies comprehension. Hells bells, I've been to dealers with way less inventory than that. Congratulations[:p]

Keithuu
Keithuu

Kip Kern

Steve,  If you own 89 dirt bikes, how many Guitars have you got?  Don't scare me now[:0]

OUCWBOY

Kip,
I have a couple of guitars! 1 Rickenbacker 12 sting; Gretch Firebird; Fender Jass Bass; Gibson Les Paul; Fender Telecaster; and a Hoffman Bass. These things are more costly than the bikes!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Rain Man

Hi Donny, I got a Sears Roebuck made in America wooden guitar, the bridge needs to be repaired, it "bowed over" at some point. any
  idea how much its worth??  Oh ya, someday I'm gonna count up the bikes in this post and give eeveryone a final count, of course, 1/2 a bike  counts. In process of buying the bike  counts.  just the engine don't count.  The frame less the engine does count.
 Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

OUCWBOY

Raymond,
The only thing I know about the Sears guitars is when they were made by Silvertone they were a good guitar. It all depends on the the year and make. Just like in the motorcycle business!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

desmond197

I think I have more guitars than bikes at the moment.

hrbay

Two nearly Penton's.... 71' and 74.5' 175 Puch's. I wouldn't have posted if D.R.'s post had not reminded me of their association.

GC
GC

DKWRACER

Guitars, bring them to TULSA (acoustic), a warm campfire is the best place, it burns deep with pure music. I will bring mine.....Funny how this conversation began, how it evolves, will bring happiness, it gets even better on a Penton....
Thomas Brosius

desmond197

Kip
Maybe I should make a Penton Six Day guitar for the next reunion.
Gibson J200 size with Penton in pearl letters on the fret board. Green with the Six Day lettering and white stripe on the top.

Gavin Housh

I have 1 72 six day. Hey Dwight! What do you think would have happened had John stayed with the Sachs motor? Most of us have seen how good that horizontally split Sachs motor works. John had to wait until 1976 to offer the KTM 125 motor. By then Sachs was useing their new motor in the Hercules bikes. I understand that the motors could be ordered with five, six, or seven speed transmissions. Making the motor versatile enough to be used for many different styles of riding. Check out the article in the #11 issue of VMX magazine. It profiles a works GP 250 five speed Sachs motored bike. The bike was ridden in the 1977 Trans-USA 250cc suport class at Mid Ohio to fith place. I,m thinking we could all be riding new Sachs motorcycles instead of KTM's. I guess I'm just a die hard Sachs guy. Gavin

Kip Kern

Steve, Donny  I think a Penton Guitar would be neat!  I have a AA Les Paul that is sooo smooth I couldn't imagine playing anything else.  If anyone could make that guitar, Steve, you could!  Donny, sounds like you have some nice "twang" boxes also![8D]  I can imagine the "6 Day" logo on the body of a custom guitar with a tank strap designed across the body to top it off!  Use motoplat pick-ups[:p]  I had better go, I smell maple!

weflyu

75 PENTON 250 SO I GUESS THAT MAKES 90 BIKES NO GUITARS HERE.