Lets get real?

Started by Mike Lenz, March 21, 2004, 12:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmte123

Mine is tmte3.  I think it would be a good idea to have a master list.  I know I can't remember everybody's ebay user name.  Terry

Not a Penton owner, but soon to be one (fingers crossed) I have ridden one..Tomale's MC-5.  Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

Steve Minor

Anybody know an ebay bidder that goes by "oscarpilot"?
I need to talk to about a bid.

Thanks
Steve
Steve Minor

pketchum

You should be able to reach him at [email protected]

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

tmc3c

There is no missing me, I am same there as I am here TMC3C

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mick Milakovic

I'm very new to Ebay "vintagecs" with my first part on auction now and have never bought anything.  I'm sure I'll learn a few lessons the hard way.......

Mick

crash carden

Hello all, my ebay bid name is cardencarden. Yes I agree with everyone on the bidding courtsey. If I see a bidder I know I back off as well. I think its a good idea to get a master list put together of all our bidding names so we can keep track of each other, and help keep the prices down.Once again the POG members have shown me how true gentelmen of the sport they are. Its great to be a part of this fine group of people. I have been a big fan of Penton motorcycles ever since I bought my first one in spring of 1973 a brand new Jackpiner, which I still own. I love those Pentons. My best to all of you! Crash Carden, Go Team Penton!

cardojr

not to be confused with crash carden--i'm cardojr here and on the 'bay. I agree -politeness pays!!
thanks,
rob card
ps. this is what i go after ...
68 berkshire - 72 berkshire - 74 tyran - 72 husky wr250 - 66 cotton - 72 dkw -and some misc eurotrash.

Chakka

My ebay name is "Repstd" Over the years I've bought and sold a fair amount of Penton stuff on Ebay. I have to say Ron is a true gentleman and helped me a huge amount the last time I moved out some old 125 parts on Ebay, I am indebted to him. That said Mike's comments are something to consider. Aside from the few items that are remanufactured by people here we are dealing with a limited resource. While it isn't a problem now I have seen the rise in bid price and some items that I need are becoming truly difficult to win. Because of that I will offer items here before I post them on the auction site.

I race sailboats during the summer and when a person from our fleet wants to sell his boat we make every effort to insure it sells locally so we don't loose a boat to a different part of the country. That and involving young people early so they can share the same experiences and develop an interest is the only way to keep our fleet strong. The same apply here and I think this group is in a similar situation, if all our parts go overseas to Italy and I need a new top end...well you know the story.
Dwight – I have some WWI memorabilia I inherited, my great uncle was in the Lafayette Escadrille and flew SPADS. I have some cloth from his plane, some shell art and newspaper clippings. Unfortunately my grandfather threw out the best items years ago, His Indian Head emblems cut from the plane and a "propeller clock". I would kill to have those Indian heads now.  

OUCWBOY

Speaking of Ebay, look at the price of this CR 125 Husqvarna on Ebay, item # 2468811811

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mike Lenz

Ron, Im not sure what you meant by you hopeing there are no hard feelings? Not with me. You have been a huge help to me! Thanks

Mike Lenz

Teddy Landers bikes /no tinkering HA, I dont believe it! Teddy cant help himself!!

Mike Lenz

Calling Glen! Im holding off bidding on the red mx tank, but I dont know how long I can take it! It has no bidders!!

firstturn

Mike,
 I  don't want to play word games but I said "hurt peoples feelings" not "hard feeling".  I only meant that people get so passionate on their projects that when they miss something on ebay they somewhat feel betrayed.
  Please, I just stated a position as you did.  I respect you and I appreciate your response.  One thing about the POG is respect will always be in my thoughts when I either state a position or question anothers position.
  Mike, thanks for clearing up a comment that I feel may have been misunderstood.  I will work on sentence structure later tonight[:o)].  Do I get listed as a co-sponser on your 100 project?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Mike, Ron,

I had to catch a 7:00am train to the City this morning and didn't check e-bay first.

I appreciate you holding off.  I have staked my initial claim and would invite dialogue about this tank.  I asked the seller if it has ever been repaired.  And the rivets are kind of off-putting.  I have a blue-that's-been-painted red mx tank that's a leaker and am looking for one that will hold gas.  I plan to race my 250, so this just needs a coat of paint and a set of stickers; but it has to hold gas!

Any commentary we can have publicly or privately.

Glenn

john durrill

Rocket,
 We saw you were bidding on the swing arm bushes on EBay.
 I just talked to David and found out he still is haveing trouble with the first vendor supplying good replacement bushes. He is looking at a Company that does BMW bushes to see what can be done. I have one set that are the new run. If you like you are welcome to them . I dont need them now and the new ones will be in before i have to have a set.
 John D.