Lets get real?

Started by Mike Lenz, March 21, 2004, 12:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Rocket,
 We saw you were bidding on the swing arm bushes on EBay.
 I just talked to David and found out he still is haveing trouble with the first vendor supplying good replacement bushes. He is looking at a Company that does BMW bushes to see what can be done. I have one set that are the new run. If you like you are welcome to them . I dont need them now and the new ones will be in before i have to have a set.
 John D.

vmx1963

G'day again,

I've made up a table compiling the info from this thread.  I was just going to do this for my own convenience but thought it may be useful for others.  

The table only has people who have volunteered their evilBay names in this particular thread (apologies if I've missed anyone - and yell out if you want your user name added to or deleted from the table).  All POG profiles link back to this forum so there are no details (like email addresses) that could be harvested by sneaky web engines.

Chuck the link on your desktop and whenever you see an eBay user trying to bid on your Precious Penton Part check out if they're one of the guys on the list.

I would have just done this table inside a forum post but couldn't get the HTML to work properly.

Click here to view table - put the link in your favorites for convenience

VMX1963
Western Australia
<a target="_blank" href="http://members.iinet.net.au/~allantud/"> VMX KTM</a>

cardojr

vmx-nice job.
thanks-rob

Steve Minor

Great Job!!!!!!!

Please add me........Steve Minor bids as Sminor1972

Thanks for doing this for all of us!
Steve Minor

Randy Kirkbride

Me too.   eyemanrandy

Thanks

Rocket

John D,
If anybody really needs the swingarm bushings, go for it.  I only bid on them thinking I may need them in the future.  I think my max bid is only $12.25.  Anybody needs them go for it.  
Rocket

tmte123

G'day VMX, Nice job, just what I was thinking. Terry

Not a Penton owner, but soon to be one (fingers crossed) I have ridden one..Tomale's MC-5.  Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

Dennis D

Please add my ebay info. dpd49 Thanks, Dennis D

OUCWBOY

Great JOB!
You could add me too, if you'd like.
oucwboy= POG Pentonok= E Bay

Thanks

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mike Lenz

You bet Ron, and good luck Glenn!

Tony Price

My evilBay ID is "txvintage".

Tony
Tony

Mick Milakovic

VMX:  Outstanding work! Too cool for school!  One question, when someone adds a new entry, is it automatically updated or do we need to check back periodically and add the changes?

Mick

deek

Great job VMX, add me to the list.

Deek = dkw125 (E-Bay)

Dale

D = Dale, K = Karin, W = Walter

PS: I have a 1972 DKW also

[8D]

vmx1963

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

One question, when someone adds a new entry, is it automatically updated or do we need to check back periodically and add the changes?

Mick - updates are manual but I usually get to them within the day.  If you make the page a favorite you'll get the most up-to-date info.  Just click the link below and add it to your favorites list in the web browser.

http://www.vmxktm.net/docs/List.htm

VMX1963
Western Australia
<a target="_blank" href="http://members.iinet.net.au/~allantud/"> VMX KTM</a>

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by pketchum

Phil Ketchum = pketchum on eBay and on POG.

I'm relatively new to the Penton Owners Group. After first seeing Teddy Landers Penton's survive through the toughest conditions without complaint, or tinkering, I've become a fan.  He's let me ride them in competition more than once when mechanical failures beset my beloved Hodaka's. (THANKS again Teddy)

I now own a '80 KTM 250 GS which I'm accumulating parts to restore, and working with Tom Brosius to have the MX side panels reproduced, thanks to my friend Larry Perkins (The Penton Man) and to Buddy Johnson (maicobuddy).  Hopefully she will be ready for the ISDT Reunion Ride at the Zink Ranch this year.

Although I haven't seen much in the way of parts to fit my "Penton in disguise", I almost always Snipe.  I feel that this tactic prevents me from getting into a bidding war with another eBayer and letting my emotions override my bank account.  I determine my maximum I'm willing to pay beforehand and "set it and forget it".  If I win, I win.  If I lose, I lose.  Only once has this method accidently bested a friend who was interested in the same part.  This only caused him to pay about $2.50 more than was necessary.  Communication is the key.

However, if I recognize the high bidder's ID, I almost ALWAYS defer out of decency and respect.  The other times I will email them to determine their need and discuss mine with them, always coming to an agreement.

Dwight's the one that I run into the most frequently since he's a Hodaka nut like myself.  We're friends and share a common passion and respect for each other.  On the Hodaka group on Yahoo, which I moderate, I attempted to convince the members that creating a database of eBay ID's would be in our best interest.  However, the few who were against it caused enough dissention that I shelved the idea.  

Sincerely,

Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Well spoken reformed PHAAST PHIL,....you guys are just lucky that I have NO TIME to bader with evil-bay,....otherways I would blow you away,....LOL,.....So  I leave the FUN to you guys.
Speedy--->>>>Alive but soooooo busy,......

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02