Home Page Photo Quiz - August 2004

Started by Admin, August 14, 2004, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Before we get started on this months Quiz, I (Sheriff Ron Carbaugh) want to thank all the POG members that made the trek to Mid-Ohio this year and especially the ones making it their first BIG MEET.  It was more than one could expect.

QUIZ: In the picture please name the individuals pictured and at what event this picture was taken.  Kindly start from the left and use number 1, 2, 3 etc. going right to indicate the person's name you are trying to guess.

http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/index_091504.html  

Now for you out there that guess all of them right imediately :(, the Sheriff will know where you got the answer and next year at Mid-Ohio I will point out these individuals as possible people to watch out for on the track.   Boy, the Sheriff is glad there are no old AMA techs that read this site, not that I ever shaved the corners on the rules.

Let's have a good time and feel free to add information or ask  questions as you go.

Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

#1 Bud Green
#2 Tom Penton
#3 Leroy WInters
#4 Dave Mungenast
#5 John Penton
#6 ?

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

rob w

The front rims on bikes # 1,2,& 4 look like shouldered aluminum Akronts from here. Can that be..?

Wonderful picture, thanks.

bob

rob w

What makes me enjoy this picture so much is seeing Mr. # 1 in there. I don't believe I've seen many photos of this era with him included.
I just got a letter from #1 today.
4 and 6 ??

firstturn

Rob,
  #1 was far better ridder than he lets on.  Lets just say he had some VERY good days riding a Penton.  Very observant on the front wheels.  Notice anything else that stands out in the way of enduro equipment?

Donny,
  Good first effort.  Day 1

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron,
The 1st three don't have headlights?
Any feedback on how close or did I get any right?

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  Your doing well, but I will continue tomorrow.  Take a close look at the original head light on the end...good job Big D.  More tomorrow.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

My eye sight is poor at best, It looks to me like the 68 headlight assy.????

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Kip Kern

The shouldered rims were Borrani, real nice ,soft aluminum, but polish up well!  Hard to find though;)

firstturn

Donny,  Correct on the headlight.

Kip,  Correct on the rims and they are hard to find and normally overlooked at swap meets.  Thanks Kip for the lead on the headlights mentioned above.  I can't believe you told the world(POG Forum) where they were and as far as I know no one called Domi Racing to purchase one.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Kip,
  Actually here is the post that wrote in the Forum.

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  09:38:15 AM      
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Dick or Johnathan at Domi Racer, they have a lot of CEV stuff, i.e. taillights switches, lenses, wiring, bulbs. I'll bet they may be able to help you out. Why I even saw 3 original Penton steel tank large green headlamps there in isle #97 area, complete with dust. Also a good place to get the early Magura lever sets as seen on steel tankers. Give em a call or get a catalog!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

4 and 6.
Could they be Rick Spangler, Ed Vierman or Lyle Renshaw ?

Sheriff Ron, Is Kerrville anything like Mayberry ?
You could use a deputy like Barney Fife.

bob

firstturn

Bob/Rob,
  None of the above, but two of those are really good guesses.  I have already made up three applications that are pre-approved*****************You, Donny and Karl.  Although Karl may want to put center stands on the Squad Trucks.  You know Karl, he is never satisfied unless it is perfect[8D].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

TGTech

I know, I know! HOWEVER, I'm not telling. I also know the make and color of the van behind them.

Dane

firstturn

Dane,
  Your doing it right, as usual[8D].  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh