North East get together??

Started by thrownchain, August 21, 2006, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I have gotten a little feed back that we could use a gathering of POGgers in the NE. Anyone up for it?? Looking for dates and locations. Prefer southern Vt, or NH or possibly central Mass. Lets get started now.  thx   Dan

checkcrew

Dan, again i am up for this, would love to get out of the South Jersey sand box !!, i have no knowledge of that area but would gladly go if it could be set up, i will watch this post, thanks, Mike G. from NJ.

Mike Gallagher - 71 Six- Day 125 Steel Tanker, 2- 1972 Six-Days, 73 Six-Day, 73 Jackpiner, 75 Mint 400, 76 MC5-400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

thrownchain

Come on Down East Penton's, where are you?? How about you other guys in Maine,and Mass?? Vermonters and New Hampshire, how about New Yorkers, heck even Pennsa's. Pick a spot and we'll see what we can do.

dennis foley

dan, count me in, as for a location you might consider a ahrma north east region race, there a always a few us there. i would be willing to travel some to a set location. dennis

KJDonovan

Count me in, Were in RI but its just a short ride to MA, NH or VT

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

tacrac

Hey Thrownchain,
I am interested also. How about meeting at the vintage ride that Rain Man was talking up.  I believe it to be Sept 3 in Somers Conn.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ron

74 Six Day project
(thanks Kip)

thrownchain

OK now were rolling, not building any speed yet, but moving along. You people in the area have to pick a localle, I'll be traveling in myself, so tell me where to go.

bkinnon

I like Raymond's idea, but will not be able to go as I am moving two kids into colleges that are six hours apart. I would like to offer this up, although it would require coming to Maine. A friend of mine has 500 acres of land and built two motocross tracks over the past 4 years. It is getting rave reviews with the northest MX community, and there is talk of trying to get a NETRA date for a harescramble next year. I have volunteered there for four years and have a standing invitation to use the tracks and the 8-10 miles of trails that are there. Maybe too late to put this together this year, but it might work. It would have to be on a non race weekend. The track is Hemond's Motocross Park, and has a small web site. It is in Minot, Maine if you want to mapquest it. We are 2.5 hours from Boston, 4 hours from Burlington, VT., 3.5 hours from Providence, RI.
For those who have to travel, there are hotels in Auburn, about 10 miles away. Although I have a cellar full of Pentons, none are riders yet, so I would have to ride a KTM.

Bill MacKinnon
Minot, Maine

Downeast Pentons- Central Division

thrownchain

Ok, we now have a possible destination, does this location meet with everyones approval??
Is it a better idea to meet on a non race weekend or go to watch the race??
What kind of amenities are there at the track site?? Any camping? Any tents or pavillions?? Running water? BBQ ?? Place to hold a small swap meet??
Should we meet in the spring, summer or fall?? Everyone has to agree to get this to work. We could even put it on the POG calender. Maybe give out an award for farthest traveler, most Pentons, any other odd idea.
Get it set now so we've got time to plan for it . Keep up the work>

bkinnon

This might become something. To answer a few of the questions, the property is a huge hay and cow corn farm, as well as several hundred acres of woods. It is a very rural area and there is some really nice trail riding in all directions. The tracks are situated well back from the road, with plenty of room for camping, a swap meet, etc. Race weekends will have several hundred campers and motorhomes easily accomodated. There is running water and outhouses, as well as concessions, but no BBQ pits, showers, or tents/ pavillions. If there is enough interest, I am sure I can get a vintage race, for fun, on the docket anytime. We could meet, watch the races, have fun, as well as do a nice trail ride. I would like to suggest next fall as it is cooler, less buggy and quite scenic, but that is open to discussion. Maine has miles of sandy beaches, lakes everywhere, and lots to do if someone wants to spend more time here. We have a mountain to ride to a few miles away that has views to the ocean, into NH and VT, and Canada. My club has a fall ride that we could tie in with that is about 80 miles. I could get that shortened up considerably for a vintage ride, or maybe modern bikes for the whole ride.
We have a race this weekend, so I will put a bug in the owners ears for moving ahead. The '07 schedule will be out shortly, so we can pick a date based on popular opinion. Post your thoughts and ideas.
Bill
PS, Thrownchain and others... how about some first names?

thrownchain

OK guys, Bill has a good location, everybody up for a nice end of season vacation in Maine?? Do a little racing and trail riding, swap some parts and have a good time?? We've got plenty of time to plan, get the bikes ready and put in for time off from work. I'm up for it, count me in.  
                 Dan

Rain Man

Just got back from a 40 hour week in my garage... cough,cough, hack wheww. gasp  (dam grit blasters and welders!!! )
 Yup Yup,  Bikes are just running astronomical at this point. 1st kick, run all day, no flats or fouled plugs. [8D] brandy shiny new like...
 I mentioned in an earlier post about a Vintage Hare scramble this coming Holiday weekend, Sept. 3rd.  Its a fund raiser and not cheap
  Its in Somers Conneticut, should be fun.
  My trucks always filled up, I Will bring reinforcements for sure.  Your trails or mine.  Slow or fast. I'm in lets do it

BTW I did get a fellow Poggers 6 day running after a 25 year hiatus.
  Dave Lynch from Cape Porpise Me.. welcome to the club !!!
 ( George Bush's neighbor :D)
(Doug W, it started 3rd kick, nice job :))
2c

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

thrownchain

The upcoming Ct outing would be OK, but it's a little too short notice for me. We could put it on the calender for next year??
Come on guys if make plans for Maine in the fall 07, how many would actually show up?? Do we make plans for 6 or 60. It's a long drive for me to hang out with 6 people. Not that it would be a bad thing.
Is some one going to tell us," hold it and we will come??" Put some posts up here saying count me in!!      
          Dan

72, 73, 74 Six Day projects.

bkinnon

In order for me to pull a favor at the track, we would need to have a decent number of people, unless it was just to do a meet and greet, watch some racing, and do a trail ride. Realizing that Maine is a long way from everywhere, maybe another venue would serve us better. I am open to anything and willing to travel. This potential may be the push I need to get a few bikes going. Ray has been after me for two years, but life has gotten in the way, and I have not made any progress. Lets keep this discussion going. I have always wanted to ride in the Berkshires?? That would be closer to all.... Lets find something to do.

Bill

thrownchain

We could keep the meet and greet as an option. Come on you guys from the Albany, NY, western Mass. areas, any riding areas you'd like to share??